- LLSC Viper Regatta
- 10.16.2010 - 10.17.2010
- Lake Lanier Sailing Club - Flowery Branch
- Southeast Circuit
- Lake Lanier Sailing Club - Website
- 6206 Commodore Drive
- Flowery Branch
Lake Lanier Sailing Club was founded in 1959, shortly after Lake Lanier was filled. The Club first occupied a parcel of land near Holiday Marina where members constructed a launching ramp and boat repair shed. The Club's present location, near Flowery Branch, Georgia, was acquired in 1960, and is located on land which is partly owned by the Club and partly leased from the Army Corp of Engineers. Poverty dictated the Club members and their families clear the land and construct the initial facilities consisting of a boat storage area and ramp.
The main Clubhouse or pavilion was constructed mainly by Club members between 1963 and 1967. Since then the pavilion and other facilities have gradually been improved. In addition to the pavilion, the club has two paved boat ramps, paved boat storage and parking areas, five auxiliary sailboat docks, four for small boats launching, race committee shack, work area, camping area and swimming beach. To raise money to pay off the land mortgage and for improvements, the Club subdivided part of its land and sold 30 lots to members for the construction of private cottages---this area is called the Cabin Colony.
The Activities of Lake Lanier Sailing Club have traditionally been organized and carried out by the members and their families. The Club does not have a large staff, and in fact has only one full time employee. Successful operation of the Club therefore required member participation. A new member of the Club should expect to be asked to assist with Club activities such as regatta management, race committee, social affairs and work parties.
EventList powered by schlu.net